4 November 2014

About me

 
 
 I am originally from Calverley, a village in Leeds, England and
 have been living here in beautiful Greece for over thirty five years.
 
I met my gorgeous Greek God (MGG: My Greek God) while he was at university in England.
After a whirlwind romance I returned to Greece with him where we have lived ever since.
 
MGG and I have two grown up children, Yiannis and Nais and an adorable Granddaughter Melina.
 
We live in Loutraki, a small, coastal town on mainland Greece, about a forty five minute drive from Athens.
 
The sea is my passion, that's where you'll find me: on the beach!
When the weather does just not permit the beach I'm to be found at home:
 taking care of and cooking for my family, always with a book at hand!
 
I am an avid reader, my favourite things to read being biographies but I do love a good detective story!

I adore French and Italian films, especially the French new wave and the Italian neorealism, I try to improve my French and Italian by not reading the subtitles.
I must tell you: both my French and Italian are very bad!
We always have to keep learning though!
 
I"m often out and about with my camera capturing all the splendour of Greece.
 There isn't a part of the country that doesn't have something interesting to photograph, be it the magnificent scenery or ancient ruins.
 
I'm always on the look out for any old or caste off bits of furniture to practice my creativity on, trying to make something stylish and unique.
 
I love living here in Greece, 
 my love for Greece and the Greeks has made me feel:
Greeker than the Greeks!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Dear Susan,

    My name is Joe Pinzone and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in Greece and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 1-2 years or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. I wanted to know if you could help spread the word to expats living there or are close to moving. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7716 or skype me at joefromnyc. You can also email me at joepinzone@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Joe Pinzone
    Casting Producer
    P: 212-231-7716
    Skype: Joefromnyc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan,
    I live in a different part of Greece to you - up north in Evros - and I am a writer. I have always blogged; was the editor of the Sofia Western news in the past, and now - getting a bit bored - I have started TheBalkanNewsMagazine.com Since I have very little Greek input - other than my own - I wondered if you would like to contribute, either with your estimable blog, or with past pieces you have written? I have enjoyed discovering your blog on Google, where my unworty words also fly. Let me know at patrick.brigham@gmail.com - Kind Regards Patrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hello Patrick, don't know how I missed this lovely comment, just now seen it, while looking at the comment from Mary(Below).
      I'll send you an email.
      Susan
      x

      Delete
  3. Hi Susan, I literally just stumbled onto your great blog. I am Greek but grew up in the US and have been living here for 20 years. But I do think you are in fact Greeker than me. It is nice getting to know you. I also have a blog called the boondocks blog, and I repurpose old thing and junk. I also spend time photographing my bit of Greece a town near Patra. Nice meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, so glad you stumbled upon me!
      Don't know about being Greeker, my children coined the phrase about me!
      Your blog sounds interesting, I'm off over there now to have look.
      Susan.
      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog, I am always absolutely delighted to hear your thoughts, ideas or suggestions.
They make all my efforts worthwhile,.

Please do check back, after leaving a comment, as I make every effort to answer all your remarks promptly.
Thanks,
Susan.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...