Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

If you like it, why not share it ?...Thanks!

A few of my favourite things.

Loutraki waterfalls (Kataraktes)
Be happy!

 
'The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy, it's all that matters'
Audrey Hepburn
 
 
Everyone should have a happy list, a list that we can take out and look at when feeling down, just to remember what we have and that the things that make us happy are the simple things in life.
 
 
Here are just a few of the things that make me happy, I could add to it every day!
 


Thunder and lightning over the Acropolis.Athens, Greece
Thunder and lightning over the Acropolis.Athens, Greece
Storms
 
Storms, the wilder the better, especially evening summer storms after a baking hot day.To sit in the garden listening to the patter of the rain on the sun canopy, seeing the trees being washed clean of all the summer dust is bliss.
 



Solitude
Solitude
Being the first one up in the morning, enjoying the solitude, the peacefulness of the garden.
 
My most favourite time of the day, the morning, to be the first up, just me, alone with my thoughts, planning what I am going to do with my day, reading a magazine or maybe a chapter of my book .
 



Coffee & cigarettes
Coffee & cigarettes
Coffee and cigarettes
 
I know, I know, I shouldn't smoke, it is bad for me but this is one of my little luxuries and I try to keep it to a minimum. How I love to sit at a pavement or sea front cafe and just watch the world go by, observing the people, sipping a good capuccino, talking to friends.
 



French films
French films
French films
 
J'adore French films even though my French is not too good, I usually manage to get the gist of it, if not, I just read the subtitles.
Anything with Juliette Binoche or Charlotte Rampling being first choice.The "Three colour trilogy, Red White and Blue" has been watched a few times.
 Cache with Juliette Binoche also many times because I am not yet sure about the ending, another one I have watched more than once is "The Woman In The Fifth" with kristin Scott Thomas, again because I am not too sure of what is actually happening.
My French is improving all the time through watching these films.
 



The beach
The beach
The beach
 
What can I say, I would live on the beach if I could, I try my very best to go there every day, not only to swim but to walk along the shore, to collect sea shells and pebbles, to watch the sea, to smell it, to listen to it.
winter or summer the sea is always beautiful.
 



Gin & Tonic
Gin & Tonic
Gin & Tonic
 
I am not a big drinker, very rare I ever have a drink alone and sadly I am not a great wine lover which is nearly a crime living in Greece where we have so many excellent local wines but I do love a Gin & Tonic.
 So cool and refreshing in summer, I really think it is the drink for hot summer nights, I am rather particular about the brand, usually Gordon's with Brit Vic tonic, shweppes is rather hard to find, in our area anyway.
 



I love lemons
I love lemons
Lemons
 
I love lemons in any shape or form, lemon Cheese cake, I always make lemon, never any other flavour, my own homemade lemon cheese, of which I can finish a whole jar by just eating it with a spoon, homemade lemonade, a great hit with all the family, or just the juice of a couple in water.
Sometimes I worry that I eat too many lemons!
 



Eggs
Eggs
Eggs
 
Also in any shape or form, fried,boiled, scrambled, poached, poached being my favourite, omelettes being my least favourite.
I buy the most scrumptious, free range eggs from my greengrocer, I couldn't eat a supermarket egg!
Again I sometimes worry that I eat too many eggs.
 



Beer Heineken
Beer Heineken
Larger beer
 
Another great cooling drink for Summer nights, our fridge is never without beer, in the summer at least, we don't drink so much of it in the winter.
 



Books
Books
Books
 
Books, I don't think I could live without books, I usually have two or three on the go, I  love biographies, it doesn't have to be a famous person's biography, I just like to read about people's lives.
 Detective stories are a weakness and it really annoys me if I have worked out 'who done it' before the end of the book.
 



Freshly washed bed sheets
Freshly washed bed sheets
Freshly washed bed sheets
 
Always white, always cotton,  hung out to blow in the wind, never in the dryer, starched, never washed with fabric softener, it makes them limp and ironed using my homemade lemon laundry spray.
 Lemon essential oil, pure alcohol, vodka will do and water, poured into a spray bottle.
Another of life's simple little luxuries.



Faith
Faith
Faith
 
My faith gives me courage, my faith comforts me, my faith is always with me.
 



My Daughter and my Granddaughter
My Daughter and my Granddaughter
My Daughter and my Granddaughter
 
Two of the happiest people I know, they cheer me up, they drive me mad but I always love to see them.
I wish them well.
 



My Daughter's hair
My Daughter's hair
My Daughter's hair
 
My Daughter has loads of hair, masses of it, thick long and luxurious, hanging lose or up in a bun it is beautiful.
 When she has it up she is easily spotted, many  times people see her from afar and say they knew her by her hair, it is her signature mark...never cut it Nais.
 



Add caption
Add caption
My Son's eyelashes
 
You have never seen eyelashes as long and thick as my Son's, when he was a baby I was actually asked by a stranger in the street if I put anything on them to make them like that!
 Everybody comments on them.
They are so long that sometimes the top ones tangle with the lower ones.
 It's not fair is it?
 



My Greek God (MGG)
My Greek God (MGG)
My Greek God (MGG)
 
How could my Greek God not be on this list, we have stuck it out together through thick and thin , together we can overcome anything.
 It is not always milk and honey but if it was there would have been something wrong, one hundred percent marital bliss...that's not normal!
 



And my happy place is home, sweet, home.
And my happy place is home, sweet, home.
 
And my happy place is home, sweet, home.
 
 
People have been telling me that they couldn't register/sign up to become a member of my blog, Greeker than the Greeks, the link was broken, some kind person  http://greece-in-greed.blogspot.gr/  has now fixed this for me, so it would make me really,really happy if you would become  a member!
 
 
 
 
BE HAPPY
 
 


7 comments:

  1. :) so nice to have a happy place......and to be able to share it with us all !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Two of the happiest people I know, They cheer me up, they drive me mad but I always love to see them.I wish them well."
    I love it !!!!
    Tassos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Susan!!! we have much in common (our family, home, sea, books, beer, garden) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nat, soul mates...and now writing!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my blog, I am always absolutely delighted to hear your thoughts, ideas or suggestions.
They make all my efforts worthwhile,.

Please do check back, after leaving a comment, as I make every effort to answer all your remarks promptly.
Thanks,
Susan.x

If you like it, why not share it? Thanks!