Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

If you like it, why not share it ?...Thanks!

Good morning world


Dawn
Dawn


It rained late last night, a good, heavy rain.
I lay in bed and listened to it drumming on the roof, pattering on the marble tiles of the balcony.
The whole room was flooded with the intoxicating scent of  jasmine pouring in through the open window.
It needs to be damp and humid to really enjoy the unique smell of this glorious plant.


Jasmine
Jasmine


We needed this rain, not only to water the crops in the fields but to wash away the layer of Summer dust that coats everything.
It cleared the atmosphere, the last few days have been so sticky and humid, thunder rumbling in the distance, flashes of lightening shooting through the sky but no rain.

I awoke this morning to freshness, Greekness, the leaves on the trees a glittering, deep emerald green,the fresh smell of everything washed clean and a clear brilliant blue sky.
 


Olive and oleander
Olive and oleander


The olive trees and Oleander sparkling clean.


Olive tree
Olive tree


Yucca plant
Yucca

Rain drops still visible on the leaves.


The fresh air,  the sun and birdsong greeted me through my kitchen window, no muggy stillness of the last few days.




Sun-filled kitchen
Sun-filled kitchen

Freshness

Mr Magpie arrives with his friends, the dogs have not yet spied them or they would be giving chase, a favourite game of theirs.
 Hugo anyway, Maurice is seventeen years old and blind.



Pug dogs
Maurice (beige ) and Hugo (black )

My Greek God (MGG ) arrived home with the shopping, juicy red tomatoes, crisp, crunchy apples and the most heavenly eggs that you have ever tasted, all bought from our friend Nikos the green grocer.


Fresh fruit, veg and eggs
Fresh fruit, veg and eggs


I have things to do, clothes to be ironed, the lunch to be thought about but I am going to go to the beach.
Who knows how long these beautiful days will last?
These are the best of beach days, stillness, silence, the only sound, the sound of the waves.
 Solitude.

video

Loutraki, look, listen.


Maybe I will see my Son's friend Yianni.

Friend Yianni
Friend Yianni

He has the most wonderful job.
 Amongst other things he sails up and down the shore in his boat, picking out the rubbish, cleaning the sea for us.
To be sailing the sea everyday is something I would like!
Yianni is a man after my own heart, he loves the sea, it is his passion,
he lives for the sea...and his dogs!


Yianni at work, if you can call that work
Yianni at work, if you can call that work, that's a pleasure!

So me and my shadow are off to the beach!


Me and my shadow
Me and my shadow


Morning has broken,
like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken,
like the first bird
Praise for the singing,
praise for the morning
Praise for the springing
fresh from the word
Sweet the rain's new fall,
sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall,
on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness
of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness
where his feet pass
Mine is the sunlight,
mine is the morning
Born of the one light,
Eden saw play
Praise with elation,
praise every morning
God's recreation
of the new day
"Morning has broken" written by Eleanor Farjean.

8 comments:

  1. a Greek good morning Susan !!! great post !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Susan! You make me love Greece and Loutraki more and more! Oh, you are indeed Greeker than us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nat,How can anyone not love Greece, it is beautiful, just like you.Yes, I feel, well, I feel GREEK !

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That's just what it was, a lovely morning.

      Delete
  4. Just caught up on 5 days of your blog......wonderful topics:)) can't wait for tomorrow's entry. Well done Sue . Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog, I am always absolutely delighted to hear your thoughts, ideas or suggestions.
They make all my efforts worthwhile,.

Please do check back, after leaving a comment, as I make every effort to answer all your remarks promptly.
Thanks,
Susan.x

If you like it, why not share it? Thanks!